Lutron SCR-15-HDTR Designer Style (Satin) 15A Half-Dimming Tamper Resistant ReceptacleAll Brands | Lutron Claro Wallplates & Accessories | Lutron Electronics - Dimmers and Lighting Controls | Products |
Designer style (satin) 15A half-dimming tamper resistant receptacle. Works with model RP-FDU-10.
Tamper resistant receptacles, unlike traditional receptacles, offer the added protection of a permanently installed, spring-loaded slider mechanism capable of resisting insertion of single pronged elements (such as keys, hairpins, or nails) while still allowing access to electrical plugs. Lutron Tamper Resistant Receptacles are compliant with article 406.11 of the 2008 National Electric Code (NEC®).
The NEC prohibits the dimming of standard receptacles. The dimmable outlets of the Dual Dimming Tamper Resistant (DDTR) and Half Dimming Tamper Resistant (HDTR) are specifically designed to mechanicaly reject all NEMA standard plugs and thus can not be used for any other device (fan, heater, vacuum, radio, etc.). These receptacles will only accept the special mating Lutron replacement plug for dimming use (RP-FDU). The result is an NEC compliant way to control a portable lamp with a dimmer.
• Permanently installed internal tamper resistant shutter mechanism capable of resisting insertion of foreign elements into the device
• Specification grade construction
• Back wire installation capable
• Receptacle face compatible with NEMA designer and Nova T opening wallplates *
• Plug may be used with standard receptacles and with new receptacles designed for dimming use
• Plug is compatible with 18 AWG (0.75 mm2 ) SPT-2 lamp cords
• Plug uses split-shell design for easy wiring and the ability to control cord exit direction
• Compliant with article 406.11 of the 2008 National Electric Code (NEC)
• Wallplates are sold separately.
If you don't see the exact model number or color you are looking for, call our Internet Sales Department at 1-818-477-4017. We can get anything for you!
We Also Recommend
Lutron RadioRA 2 RRD-PRO 500 W (Incandescent / Halogen /ELV) or 250 W (CFL / LED) or 400W Of MLV Dimmer